zaterdag 10 november 2012

gifts





*
The Sea 
does not reward
those who are
too anxious 
too greedy
or too impatient

To dig
for treasures 
shows not only
impatience and greed
but lack of faith.

PATIENCE
PATIENCE
PATIENCE
is
what the sea
teaches

PATIENCE
and 
FAITH

One should be 
empty
open
choiceless
as a beach

waiting
for a gift
from the sea.

Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Gift from the sea

*
We can be inspired
in many ways

Long ago
I found a beautiful 
old book on a market
at first sight
it was the colour
BLUE
and
the golden lettering

than I read 
GIFT BY THE SEA
I supposed
it was a book about shells
and I LOVE SHELLS

The book was a SURPRISE
and a wonderful gift
and very inspiring
a gift for life

*
Wish you a weekend
with a favorite 
BOOK
*


4 opmerkingen:

  1. I think that is why my son loves the sea so much, Francis. There is a peace to be found there. This book sounds wonderful. The sea is very mysterious, isn't it? I love the little sea shells on your side bar.

    Patience Patience Patience is what the sea teaches.....I really like that.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Good morning dearest Francis. The sea is a gift. It is a wealth of resources for LIFE, in many ways possible. Oh how I must find this book!! LOVE TO YOU! Anita

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Lijkt me een mooi boek heb even gegoogled, al ben ik niet zo'n beste Engelse lezer:) Maar je post is mooi, net als je foto's in je sidebar. Een heel fijn weekend en lieve groet

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I grew up by the sea, and miss it now I am in London. I always love going back.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen